“Affiliate” means any entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, another entity. In this definition “control” means the power to direct or cause the direction of management and policies directly or indirectly, whether through ownership of voting securities, by contract, or otherwise.
“Ada” refers to The Ada Platform, a British Columbia, Canada company. Ada operates this Website.
“Personal Data” means data that can be used to identify or contact you. Examples of Personal Data include, but are not limited to, your name, birthdate, phone number, fax number, email address, and mailing address.
The terms “you,” and “your” refer to any user of this Website.
When Ada requests your Personal Data, you may decline to provide it. However, please note that some of Ada’s products may require some Personal Data to provide you with a service. If you do not provide such required Personal Data, then you may not be able to use that product or feature, or the product or feature may not function properly.
3. Personal Data Collection
4. Anonymous Data collected through this Website
Ada also collects anonymous information about the amount and nature of use that users make of this Website or of any hyperlinks contained on the Website. Such anonymous information does not contain any user’s Personal Data, or identify any user personally. For instance, Ada’s web server may track and log: (a) which pages of the Website users view; (b) users’ IP addresses; (c) the name(s) of users’ Internet Service provider(s); and (d) which operating systems, web browsers or devices visitors use to access the Website. This anonymous information helps Ada gather basic statistics about users and their use of this Website.
5. Use of Personal Data
- (i) to communicate with you (e.g. to respond to your question or inquiry);
- (ii) to provide you with Ada’s products or services;
- (iii) to fulfill your requests concerning Ada’s products or services;
- (iv) to help Ada’s Affiliates to provide you products or services;
- (v) to improve, develop, or personalize Ada’s products;
- (vi) to provide you technical support;
- (vii) for marketing purposes and market research;
- (viii) to administer this Website;
- (ix) to diagnose and resolve problems or error reports;
- (x) to comply with any law, regulation, legal requirement, legal process, or court order;
- (xi) to combat fraud or other potentially illegal activities;
- (xii) to protect your safety and the safety of others;
- (xiii) to verify or enforce compliance with the legal terms that govern the use of this Website or Ada’s products or services; and
- (xiv) to improve Ada’s products and services.
6. Disclosure/Sharing of your Personal Data
a) When you contact Ada, Ada may share your Personal Data with its Affiliates and service providers in order to most appropriately answer your question or request. By contacting Ada, you agree to this sharing of information between Ada and its Affiliates/service providers.
b) If you elect to receive news concerning Ada, Ada’s Affiliates, or any of their respective services through a newsletter, then your name, company name, email address, and other contact details may be provided to Ada’s marketing partners to assist Ada or Ada’s Affiliates with providing you such news. If you elect to receive such news, then Ada or Ada’s Affiliates may send you email notices of such news and other Ada marketing information that you may be interested in receiving. You may contact Ada to opt-out of receiving such correspondence at any time.
c) Personal Data may be shared with third party service providers (including via a “Contact Us” link on the Website) who help Ada or its Affiliates to provide you with the information or services which you have
requested. Such sharing or use may involve further processing of your Personal Data. Information technology (IT) support is an example of such third party assistance.
d) Personal Data or other information may be shared among Ada’s Affiliates if there is a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event involving Ada or any of its Affiliates.
If you have any questions or concerns about how Ada or its Affiliates may use, collect, process, disclose or share your Personal Data, please feel free to contact Ada at email@example.com
7. Retention and Removal of Personal Data
8. Cookies – Information Ada collects from you
a) Explanation of cookies and web beacons.
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded to your computer or mobile phone (“device”) browser when you visit or use a website. A cookie may also include a unique identifier. A cookie is used to either store information on your device or obtain information from your device, including your preferences. Cookies allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
“Web beacons” help deliver cookies. Web beacons also gather usage data and performance data. Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on a website or in an email to monitor behavior and collect data about the persons viewing a website or email. Web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a website, or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that website.
Other information about cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies is readily available on the Internet or from other sources. Please note that Ada is not responsible for any content on other websites or sources.
- (i) manage visits to the Website;
- (ii) help provide you with a better, faster, and safer experience;
- (iii) store and honor your preferences and settings,
- (iv) enable you to sign in,
- (v) provide you interest-based advertising and marketing,
- (vi) combat fraud,
- (vii) analyze how Ada’s products perform,
- (viii) improve Ada’s understanding of how people use the Website;
- (ix) help Ada to offer you products, content, offerings or services that may be of interest to you,
- (x) measure the effectiveness of Ada’s online marketing campaigns; and
- (xi) fulfil other legitimate purposes.
c) Cookies on Ada’s Website
Ada’s Website uses first party cookies, including both gtag.js and analytics.js cookies. Among other things, those cookies may be used to distinguish unique users and throttle request rates.
d) Cookies set by Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that Google Inc. provides. In order to manage and improve the Website, Ada may use Google Analytics to track how people use the Website. This information is collected anonymously.
Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions with a website. These cookies are used to store information, such as (i) what time a visit occurred, (ii) whether the visitor previously visited the website, (iii) what other websites a visitor recently visited, and (iv) what website referred the visitor to the specific page.
e) How to control and delete cookies
9. Data and Online Security
10. Links to other Websites
11. Linked Services
Some of the services or features on this Website may contain links to or integrations with other third party services or other media services and platforms. The information practices of those third party service providers may differ from Ada’s practices. Visitors should carefully review those other third party service providers’ privacy notices. Ada has no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, those third parties.
12. EULA and Governing Law
14. Feedback, Questions and Contact Information
Access to some Personal Data Ada has collected may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account for this Website, you can access that account to review the Personal Data you provided.
The Ada Platform Suite 500, 980Howe Street Vancouver, BC V6Z 0C8